Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Sympathy Card


This card was made following a sketch for the #26
challenge at Case Study Challenges. I think that
having a nice sketch to start with makes it soooo
much easier! I love sketches! This one with the double punched borders seemed so elegant, I decided to make it a Sympathy card.
I also wanted to use more of the items I have been gathering for the past year or more instead of constantly buying new stuff. I'm not going to list things but if you have a question about something I've used, just ask!
If you'd like to go to the blog and see the challenge
"Thank you" to Case Study for the sketch and the chance to participate in their challenge! And....
"Thank you" to anyone & everyone who stops by to see my creations! And feel free to leave a comment below...I love to hear from other crafty people!
Coming soon: cards for the StampingScrapping Challenge titled "Pink" and for the challenge at Craft Your Passions which is also "Pink" AND for the "Keeping Warm" challenge at The Shabby Tea Room!

11 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! Love those neutral tones and that beautiful flower! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a lovely, sweet card, Sandie! Thank you so much for playing CASE Study this week! xxx

Linda S. said...

Hi Sandie, Just wanted to say that this is a very elegant Sympathy card. Kind of ironic, I just took a break from making a sympathy card for a friend and neighbor, then I come in to the computer, and here is your beautiful card. I would be a little curious as to what line you used for your gorgeous DP's, and are they from the same collection? Linda

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Sandie, you card is gorgeous.....very elegant! : )

Rene said...

This is very very pretty! Simple, elegant and understated!
Rene :D

Sue Kohler said...

a beautiful card for a sad time, love the subtle colours and the centre panel is so elegant!
thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

LuvNlife said...

Very elegant card, as a sympathy card should be! I too would like to know the papers you used.

Cindy2 said...

What a lovely card. Very sophisticated, thanks for sharing. C2

Debby said...

This is a very soothing card Sandi. Very very nice....thanks for sharing with us.

Gail said...

What a beautiful card. It's lovely. I don't list my card "ingredients" on my blog...I use too many things that I can't remember who makes them or where I got them. :) --Gail Lass

Fran said...

Sandi your card is very elegant! I love the colors you chose a lot. And the layout is really great too. Hugs, Fran