Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Fabric" Card with Handmade Flowers

Here is another attempt at using fabric on a card. I did the same thing as on the last card only I used a larger piece of fabric for the whole background this time: I stamped the fabric with blue and 2 greens to go with the flowers.

I sewed it on the paper with a straight stitch (but the paper is a little too smooth so the machine slipped on it & my stitches aren't even :-( Oh well.
The black die cuts are Spellbinder Shapeabilities "Fleur de Lis"; the little "Thinking of You" & circle border are from the Lacey Circles set from Cindy's stamps at StampingScrapping.com. The flowers & leaves I made out of polar fleece! That was something I'd wanted to try for quite a while and was very inspired by seeing a lot of handmade fabric flowers on other peoples' blogs and challenges.

I've added Stickles to the flowers and around the words & swirl stamp (got to have a little sparkle!) and the cardstock and ribbon are from my stash.

I'm entering this card in 4 challenges:

1)Challenge #41 "Fabric" - http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/

2)Challenge #30 - OOPS! CLOSED http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/

3)Challenge #38 "Make It Sparkle" - http://ynschallenges.blogspot.com

4)"Green" Challenge - http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Karen's Fun Blog said...

So pretty! Your flowers look great! : )

Josephine said...

Gorgeous project, and a great use of fabric.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

phatelara said...

Hi! I came from Creative Card Crew's blog, just joined today for the first time. Your card is so pretty, love the flowers! :)

Debbie, Crafty Heart

Lin said...

Wow this is gorgeous and so creative with the fabric.

Thanks for joining in with our fabric challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Caroline said...

Great Card and Perfect for our Show us some Green Challenge this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline DT xxx

Sheri said...

Sandie!!! Those flowers are just PRECIOUS! Love them so much!