Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Simple, Clean, Monochromatic Card

An ALL WHITE card...hmmmm. I think that is about as monochromatic as I can get. Does make it really easy to decide which papers "go" together!

To make the card I used a textured cardstock that already has a stripe embossed on it. I used a smaller piece of that same paper in my Cuttlebug, embossed it with the swirl folder. I used some plain white paper to make the flower then put lots of Stickles on the petals, but they don't show up in the pictures :( . I used 2 scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders) and my little Quickutz "Daisy" die 3x to make the flower. All the layers are held together with Glue Dots. The little tag is also from a Spellbinders die (Labels #15) but I put it in the die again to make it shorter. The tiny hole in the tag is from my new hand-held hole punch that I picked up last week at the thrift store for about $ .59 ...I love a bargain!! The button on the flower is from my stash. And the sentiment is just from a generic stamp set I have. I wish I had written down the brand names before getting rid of the packaging!


I am entering this one in just 2 challenges:



Please let me know what you think of this one...is it TOO simple?

3 comments:

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Very pretty! : )

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that monochromatic design...and what a wonderful mix of textures too...so eye catching! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh no, this is definitely not 'too' simple, in fact it's just right! Lovely take on the inspiration!