Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Wow! I can't believe we are heading into the 3rd week of June already! Tomorrow is Father's Day so all the "kids" will be home to celebrate Sunday evening. Just finished my FD card for my hubby. There are several challenges this week asking for a theme of "Father's Day or Masculine" so I'll be entering this one in a few.

This is a fairly simple card, but it still took me a few hours to make! The background is heat-embossed white on a light kraft. The sentiment is printed on vellum which has distressed edges...2 inks: rust and brown.


My list of supplies used:
Patterned cs - Webster's Pages & DCWV
 Solid cs - my stash (probably Hobby Lobby!)
Background stamp - JustRite "Elegant Fronds"
Embossing powder - Mix'd Media Inx, white &
PSE, gold (the little heart)
Embossing ink - Tim Holtz/Ranger "clear"
Inks - Vivid, brown & Studio G, rust
Spellbinders dies - "Card Creator, Matting Basics B" &
"Standard Circles Large"
Gems - K&Company "Christmas Cheer"
Bow - embroidery floss, from stash
Vellum - from scrap box

Challenges:
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com - #23 For or From a Father

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope all of you and the men in your lives have a wonderful Father's Day tomorrow! Blessings to you all!

6 comments:

Lin said...

Fabulous Father's Day card. Love that stamped background and the vellum looks really good as the sentiment banner. I like the way you can see through to the layers below.

So glad you joined us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

Papercraft By Carole said...

Gorgeous card. Love he embossed background. It looks really effective. The sentiment on vellum looks great too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

Feebsy said...

Wonderful card, I love the embossed background. The velum greeting looks great, the whole card is very classy.

Thanks for joining in with my challenge and sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card, I really love that embossed background. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

Karen Letchworth said...

Fabulous card! It's such a blessing to have you stop by and share your wonderful art with us, and I just want you to know that I appreciate it VERY much.
God bless your week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

cbuswell said...

Love that embossed background! looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!