Tuesday, September 24, 2013

John's B-day Card

I think I'm safe posting my son John's birthday card on my blog without him seeing it...I'm pretty sure he has never been to my blog LOL! He and my daughter Lindsey share a birthday, September 28, even though they were born 2 years apart. I used to think that was unusual but I have heard so many people tell me of someone they know with the same situation. My own sister and brother are a year and a day apart.
So we will be celebrating at least 2 birthdays this weekend with a little family party/lunch.
I had to make a "guy" card which are always a little more difficult for me...so hard to not add embellishments and ribbon. I did add a couple buttons because of an "empty" spot that bothered me!


So, what do you think...is that masculine enough?
Now that I see it in a photo I'm not so sure!
Oh well.

My list of ingredients:
Stamps - Judi*Kins Gecko, Stampin' Up Happy Bday
Ink - Studio G Turquoise, TH Distress Walnut Stain
Embossing folder - Sizzix TH Dot Matrix
Card stock - all from my stash
Foam pop dots - Stix 2 Anything
Buttons - from stash

Challenge:
Next I'll post the other birthday card!
Thanks for taking a peek today!

1 comment:

cbuswell said...

Such a great card, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!