Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Boy, Oh Boy! Another Birthday!

I have 2 grandsons having birthdays next week. I made the first card today and have a good idea for the next one too! I followed the sketch from Case Study (#175) for this one.


The black glitter paper is a favorite and works great for a night sky, or even outer space! Glitter glue on the rocket and trail pump up the sparkle just a bit more.


On the inside I added one of my own slightly "corny" sentiments. My family is very tolerant of my strange imagination...for which I am truly thankful!


It doesn't show in this photo but there is alot of sparkle on the inside too. Besides the black glitter paper, I added Stickles to the "rocks" and the rocket.

INGREDIENTS
stamps: "Rascal" set by American Crafts
inks: Memento Black Tuxedo, Stampabilities Lime & Orange
stickers: Sticky Stars by Colorbok
cardstock and paper: black glitter & white -from my stash
blue dots -K&Company "Citronella"
pop dots: Scrapbook Adhesives 

CHALLENGES
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com - #30 "New" (Clayton is beginning a whole new year!)
http://emeraldfaeries.blogspot.co.uk/ - #51 "Things with Wings" (yes, my rocket has wings!)
http://charismacardz.blogspot.com - #2 "Its a Boy Thing"
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com - "Bring on the Bling & Sparkle"

11 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

Great fun card and love the rocket for our theme. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Karen B said...

Hi Sandie - yourgrandson is going to love his card. Great rocket and love the glittery sky. Thanks for joining in the fun at A2CAS.

Karen x

Karen B said...

Hi Sandie - yourgrandson is going to love his card. Great rocket and love the glittery sky. Thanks for joining in the fun at A2CAS.

Karen x

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Sandie. Fun card ... sure your grandson will love it! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!!
Laura

Nonni said...

Such a fun card! I like all your creative ideas and small touches. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Laurence said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
Laurence DT

L. D. said...

I really enjoy your creative cards. They are always interesting and creative.

Tracey Manderson said...

cool card.Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faeries, good luck and hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Tracey

Love crafts forever said...

Awesome sentiment.
Thanks for entering at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
DT Nataliya

Yvonne Garner said...

My grandson would love this! Great take on our challenge at Inkspirational!