Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pink Polka Dot Birthday

Wow, its been more than a month since I last posted here on my blog! We took a vacation and went South where it was nice and warm! Left the ice and snow and below-zero temps! We (hubby & me) went to Gulf Shores, AL for a week and then Orlando, FL for a week. AL was in the 60's and 70's...very nice!...and FL was in the 70's and 80's...really nice! In Orlando we got to go to the Ligoniers Conference. We'd never gone before...was SO encouraging and inspiring! God is faithful!
And now I'm home and the snow is starting to melt and my craftroom welcomed me back "with open arms"! Well, I did leave it fairly neat...but it felt good to get my fingers inky again!
So here is a birthday card for a bithday I missed while we were gone.


Definitely thinking spring with all those flowers and bright pink!


Polka dots are always a favorite of mine, too. They're just cheery!


And as always, I've included a Bible verse inside and some special decoration for the inside sentiment to match the outside. Now that I'm seeing the pictures I wish I'd added a bit of the Washi-type tape on the inside too. Maybe I will.

Ingredients
Dies: Spellbinders "Elegant Ovals" & "Decorative Labels 34"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Special Birthday", PSX "F-318", My Heart Stamps for You "Ps. 33:5"
Inks: Studio G "Pink", Memento "Tuxedo Black"
Card stock: Paper Studio "Heavy Weight White" & "Pink Polka Dot", 
American Crafts "Soho Garden"
Paper tape: Doodlebug Designs "Pink Dot"
Rhinestones: KI Memories "Sweet Life"

Challenges
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/ - #99 Polka dots, Pink, Flowers
http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/ - #159 "A Cameo Appearance" Sketch

5 comments:

kReN said...

Your card is so pretty inside and outside. Love that flower border frame.

Thanks for joining us at PINspirational Challenges this week!
kReN, DT

Leigh Penner said...

This is so beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Rose said...

beautiful inside and out!!!! So glad you joined us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

Hayley Kew said...

A lovely bright and cheery card to make anyone's day special ;) Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Try Stampin' on a Tuesday, sure hope we will see you around again soon!!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a beautiful card and I love those colors! Thanks for joining CAS(E) this Sketch!