Thursday, May 29, 2014

Watercolor Blooms


Today I tried that technique of using water-based markers (Promarker) on stamps, but this time I did not spritz it with water, I just "huffed" on the ink and stamped it. That does not work quite as well so I got out my Pearlescent Watercolors and stamped the same flowers and leaves again (slightly off-set on purpose) after painting on the stamps. I then added a bit more detail in watercolor with a fine brush. These paints are shimmery and do a beautiful job!


The flower centers and random dots are Liquid Pearls "Platinum Pearl" and I also flicked a bit of the yellow Pearlescent paint here and there.


The stamps used were Hero Arts "Watercolor Petals", Woodware USA "Daisy Sysq" and Stampabilities "Thank You" (stamped in Memento "Tuxedo Black").

I am entering this card in just a few challenges:

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Sandie, I love your shimmery, pretty creation!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful creation. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny x

sandie said...

This is fabulous, I love the look of this technique and the shimmer makes all the difference. Thanks for joining us at Ink x

Marina said...

Subtle and natural-looking flowers - the pearlescent shimmer is beautiful .Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Carole Robb Bisson said...

This is lovely, Thank you so much for taking time to post this absolutely wonderful work of art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Sandie. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us and please stop by again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

lalkygirl said...

what a beautiful card ,love the technique you have used to great effect.
Thanks for joining us at the I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge.. and good luck
Tracey x

Anja (scrappie) said...

Wow that shimmer looks great, thank you for joining us over at CASE Study.

Kate said...

I just love the ethereal effect of the technique you've used. Your flowers are just gorgeous !!!

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

Awesome technique and I love the result you got!
Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come and join us again next time :o)
Pia

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful card - and such a wonderful technique!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, your flowers look amazing, Cathy x