Thursday, August 24, 2017

Watercolor + Salt ...Card #2

I really did have fun experimenting with adding salt to wet watercolors on paper! Here is another color scheme I tried (my first card is in the post below).

I think this one was a bit dry so the salt did not react as well as with the blues on the first card...but I still like it. It makes a softly textured background that somehow has "depth".

Other ingredients used:
Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink
Stampabilities "Get Well" stamp
Simon Says Stamp! "Look for the Miracles" stamp set
Copic and MEPXY markers
Kaisercraft yellow rhinestones


As always, thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Another Experiment...Using Salt!

The CAS Watercolour challenge asked participants to use salt with watercolor paints and enjoy the variety of results. So I tried it and love the amazing texture, "splotchiness" and color washes I got!
It is so pretty that I didn't want to cover it up very much. I need men's cards right now so kept this one very simple.

I used regular (kids') watercolor paints and added sea salt, both a coarse and a fine type. I like how they both reacted. The stamp is from called "Big Sable Point Lighthouse" (near Ludington, MI).The ink is "Black Licorice" from FSJ; a little Stickles "Star Dust" to finish it off. Oh, the "Hello" die is Hero Arts.
Challenges I'm entering this one in: - #194 Under Sea or At Beach

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Its a Baby Girl!

Another "new" baby stamp! Well, new to me anyway...the set is from Stampin' Up and is at least 10 years old. But since not all babies are girls I am going to have to make a few "boy" cards too! LOL (I think I actually have an "Its a Boy" stamp, too!)

card stock/paper - Paper Studio, Georgia Pacific, 3BugsInARug
stamps - Stampin Up "Baby Talk", "Birth Announcement"
 punches - Martha Stewart "Doily Lace", Paper studio "Heart"
corner rounder - Creative Memories
twine - Karen Foster "Magenta"
Stickles "Star Dust"
foam adhesive squares - Scrapbook Adhesive


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Experiments with Watercolors

Last night I got out my little plastic box of watercolors...just like the kids use in school! I had seen a couple different techniques online that I wanted to try: adding salt, and stamping over a watercolor wash. This card is the 2nd technique.

To make the watercolor wash background I placed drops of watercolor paint (Prange) on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water, then laid the white paper on it and pressed it with my fingers. If it seemed too light I did it a few more times then let it dry most of the way. I added splatters of the paint on the blank areas. I stamped the flower image (Paper Peddler "Pansies") after it was all dry and went back in and painted the leaves shades of green and touched up the blue flowers where needed. I added Stickles "Crystal" last, then trimmed my water-colored paper to fit the card front. The twine (FSJ ) was added before adhering it to the front. The Get Well sentiment (Stampabilities) is stamped in "Tuxedo Black" (Memento) then die-cut using a Spellbinders "Standard Circles Lg" die. The scalloped circle behind that is also Spellbinders..."Big Scalloped Circles Lg." KaiserCraft rhinestones were the final touch.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges: - #30 July Challenge

Friday, August 4, 2017

Card of Encouragement: "Prayers"

I recently found an A2-size stamp at a thrift store and was not sure I'd like how it stamped...but I do! I think it is a small bundle of lilacs (a favorite of mine!). I used TH Distress Ink "shaded lilac" on the whole stamp, then wiped off the leaf part and added TH Distress Ink "peeled paint" with a sponge dauber. After stamping it I added a bit more "shaded lilac" on the left corner, again using a sponge dauber...and finished up by adding Stickles "Star Dust" glitter glue.

Inks- TH Distress Shaded Lilac & Peeled Paint, Memento New Sprout
Stamps- Paper Inspirations Lilac Fresco, FSJ Doily Blooms, StampingScrapping Sentiments
Daubers- Tsukineko mini daubers
Dies- FSJ Tag Elements
Glitter Glue- Stickles Star Dust
Ribbon- from my stash
The bow was made using my Craft-DeeBowz bowmaker.

Challenges I'm entering this card in: - August, AG w/bow - #30 July Challenge - #169 AG - #294-295 - #8 AG, One for the Girls/Ladies

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!