Sunday, June 24, 2012

SSiC Challenge: Flags/Banners

Today begins yet another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! I hope you decide to join us! The sample I have done is in honor of the birthday of our great nation, the United States of America. July 4th is less than 2 weeks away! As always, there will be lots of fireworks, parades, picnics, speeches and family gatherings. Our nation was at one time considered a Christian nation, founded on God's word and principles. We can no longer make that claim because man has made a god of himself...or nature...or science...or power...or wealth. But the true God, America has relegated to a dusty shelf in the library, just part of our colorful history. And even that is being rewritten to exclude God! But as our theme verse this week says, "I will be exalted among the nations..." God IS alive and remains all-powerful and in control of all the earth. He does not NEED our praise and acknowledgement but has decreed it and is certainly worthy of it. In His own perfect time He will reveal His power and authority over all creation. At that time..."Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess to God"- Romans 14:11.
My prayer for America is that before we drift even farther away from the Living God that He will send revival and repentence to our land. And, yes, I still pray continually that God will bless America! And not just America, but all the nations of the world...that Jesus Christ would reign supreme in the hearts of the peoples. "What the world needs now is Love, Sweet Love..." and His name is Jesus.

Our hostess this week: Kris, our wonderful DT leader!
She chose our theme verse:  Psalm 46:10

  "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the antions, I will be exalted in the earth."

Our generous sponsor: KL - an anonymous great gal!
The prize she is offering to one randomly chosen participant:
               A Grab Bag of Stamps! Wow! Thanks, KL!

Now here is the challenge that Kris has chosen: Use flags/banners in your creation

For my creation I used just two small flags and placed my sentiments on them: "Happy 4th!" and "God Bless America!" I entered this card in few other challenges as well. The sketch I followed was one of the challenges, and using a Magnolia stamp was another. If you want to see which challenges I entered just scroll down to the previous post. My list of items used for this card is there too.
I do hope you will join this challenge and show us your project with some flags or banners on it! And you just might win a nice prize too! Please check out my DT Sisters' samples too for some more inspiration! You can see their creations at SSiC or click on their names in my sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by today!
God bless you! God bless America! And may God bless all the nations of the world!

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Super de-Duper card Sandie!! Why do I feel like crossing my heart? *Ü* Such a festive card and the cute banners for your sentiment!! I can hardly believe July is just around the corner. Where did this month go?? Anyways, enjoyed your post. It is scary how our country has eliminated God in so many areas. But we serve a God who IS exalted above the nations and is in control.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Kris

Diane Noble said...

Makes me what to grab a sparkler and start waving the flag. I love all things patriotic and this card is a winner. Love it. Have a great week.

MariLynn said...

Sandie, what a sweet card. I love the little buttons you used as embellishments. I hope you are having a great week!

Helen said...

Very cute card! I love Edwin & his sparklers and your paper and lay out are awesome! Very wonderful card! Hope you're having a blessed week! ~H

Traci M said...

Cute, cute card!! I loved those sparklers when I was little, even though they kind of scared me! Wishing you a blessed week!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Sandie - this is darling! Love the image and your perfect colouring! Your buttons are perfect too - you have nailed this weeks challenge Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

pinky said...

Your blog is so beautiful and uplifting Sandie, I have so enjoyed my visit.