Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Warm Wishes for a Winter Birthday

It is Tuesday again...but what a special Tuesday...the very first Day of the New Year!
Happy New Year, everyone!
We have a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash today. It is Challenge #83:
Use all white OR ivory/cream (with the exception of skin tones and hair color on "people" images, and the sentiment, of course.)
This was a really easy one for me because I love using all white and have done it many times. I knew I wanted to use plenty of texture so I first chose my ribbon and then the cardstock color to match; I chose ivory...warm and elegant!

I HAD to use embossing, so I picked the folder called "Fleur de Lis" by Cuttlebug.
Then I found a die to match, Spellbinders "Fleur de Lis Accents".
The small circle is from the "Standard Circles Lg".


The cardstock was from my stash as well as the ribbon, which I'm sure is several years old!
The ivory flatback pearls are from Pizzazz Aplenty.
The sentiment, which is a bit hard to read in my pictures but reads OK up close, is a JustRite stamp from the "Special Occasions" set. I stamped it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Antique Linen".
Now, can you believe I didn't use ANY Stickles on this one?!
Please check out the inspiring creations of my fellow DT members at
or visit their blogs as listed in my sidebar.
Then join us this week for this fun and easy challenge!
Thanks for stopping by! Praying God blesses each of my online friends in this New Year!

12 comments:

cathylynn said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Happy New Year to You too!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Diane Noble said...

This is amazing, Sandie! So elegant and I'm just loving these tone-on-tone creations that are so popular. This is one of the prettiest I've seen. Love the cream. Rich and yummy!

jimlynn said...

WOW! So lovely! I'm in love with that big bow too!
Lynn

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the embossing, die cut, and pearls!!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...luv the white on white...Happy New Year!

enjoy *~*

paige said...

Sandie, your stunning card is perfection! So very elegant!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - This is beautiful! All the elements come together perfectly! WOW!
Blessings,
Michelle

CarlaKH said...

So pretty and elegant...love the pearls!

Jessi Fogan said...

Man, I still haven't used that embossing folder....this is GORGEOUS! The pearls are really perfect :)

lauren bergold said...

this is almost SHOCKINGLY beautiful, you have really blown me away with this amazing card! sooooooooo very elegant, and a tour-de-force of white on white! ♥

Leslie Hanna said...

I kinda NEED that Fleur de Lis embossing folder now.

Gail said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I have NEVER attempted white on white. I love this card and will have to give myself the challenge of attempting a white on white card. I really love what you did with the embossing folders and die. Beautiful. Hugs, Gail