Monday, January 6, 2014

A Brand New Baby Boy!

Today I am sharing a bit of family news with you all:
I have a new grandson named Cameron!
He was born December 27 at about 5pm, 20" long and 7 lbs, 4 oz.
The first day he looked just like his older brother, Calvin, but he has gradually taken on his own look... however, both boys still look alot like Daddy! In fact, so does big sister Lilly!
I am just now getting around to making a Congrats/Welcome card for them.


To make this card I used a SweetStamps frame stamp which is a rectangle (called Pretty Parchment Frame) and cut out an inch across the middle to have a square...well almost. The craft base is from a set of square cards and envelopes I bought for quick cards...The Paper Studio. I fussy cat around and inside the frame stamp after coloring it with Promarkers and Mexpy Design markers. The photo is really one of my grandson taken in the hospital a few hours after birth. The miny rhinestones I got for Christmas but they're in an unmarked container...no brand name. Inks used: TH Distress Ink - walnut stain & antique linen. The twine is Karen Foster "tawny". That sentiment is a problem...I've been wracking my brain trying to remember where I got that. I thought it was a Day fir Daisies digi but I don't have it in my computer. If anyone knows what brand it is, please let me know! Its driving my nuts!
The only two challenges I'm entering this in are:
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com - #149 "Something New"
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - #113 "Anything Goes"

5 comments:

L. D. said...

Congratulations. The new grandson will be a great addition to the family. He is a sweet looking guy and it is a great card you made for the announcement.

jimlynn said...

Big congrats! He's so sweet looking and you made a wonderful card with his photo. Just precious!

Unknown said...

A heart congratulations to you and your family. A very warm and welcoming card. Thank you for sharing this marvelous card with us here at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Shelly Schmidt said...

He is just so sweet!!! Love your card- the dies are a great frame for that darling baby!!! Congrats!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful use of the SS frame! Lovely project, such a sweetie! Congrats!! Thank you for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com!

Luv 2 Scrap n' Make Cards
600 Follower Giveaway