Monday, June 2, 2014

A Gentleman's Birthday Card

Guys' birthday cards are always kinda hard for me to make...don't know why. I guess they just seem blah compared to the girly ones with frills, flowers, and bling. So here is one I made for a few challenges and after I got it done I realized I do need one for an older gentleman whose birthday I missed recently.


Ingredients:
Spellbinders die - 'Fleur de Lis Squares"
SweetStamps stamps - "Gentleman Joe" & "Italian Handwriting"
Sandylion stamp - "Are we there yet?" (old car)
Inkadinkadoo stamp - "Happy Birthday"
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - "Vintage Photo", "Antique Linen" and "Walnut Stain"
Cream color card stock is a heavy weight matt finish from Pizzazz Aplenty
Rust paper and buttons are from my stash

Challenges:
SweetStampsblog.blogspot.com - #171 NO Designer Paper
DieCuttinDivas.blogspot.com - #167 For the Boys
Crafts4eternity.blogspot.co.uk - #178 TicTacToe (die cuts, male theme, buttons)
craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com -#78 Boys will be Boys

4 comments:

michele said...

Lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the vintage look of the sepia color and those wonderful buttons.

Carol said...

Fab vintage card. Thanks for joining our Boys will be Boys challenge at CFAS. Carol DT x

Milnie said...

Your vintage card is just gorgeous!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafting for all Seasons! Good Luck & I hope we see you again!

Hugs,

Milnie DT