Friday, April 20, 2018

Two Cards, Same Stamp

Today I made another card with the FSJ bird stamp...the same stamp I used on my last card. One of the challenge blogs I follow asks for 2 different type of cards using the same stamp, so I made a sympathy card and a congratulations card. The theme this time was "Pets". Since we are "bird-sitting" our daughter's bird while she is off on vacation I decided that he would be my inspiration! His name is Pops and he is very vocal!


The sympathy card I have already described and explained in my previous post; the Congrats card is for a friend from my church who just sold her house (in just 24 hours!) so she can move to a "leisure village" where many older folks enjoy an easier, safer, more convenient home ownership experience.


To make the Congrats card I used the Memory Box "Catalina Wreath" die, Pearlescent Watercolor paints, FSJ stamp "Psalm 91:1", JustRite "Grand Handwritten Sentiments", gold glass beads, and raffia for the bow. The background DP is from a 12x12 pad called "Recollections".
The bird was stamped using the metallic watercolors, as well as the top wreath with the peachy-red flowers. (The bottom layered wreath was just a green DP)


Challenges:

Well, thanks, as always, for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Loll said...

Another gorgeous bird card to go with your one posted yesterday, Sandie. Great job using this bird for two completely different designs. The wreath is gorgeous with the pinks and greens and a touch of gold. Very elegant. Your friend is going to love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Susanne Vargas said...

Your sympathy card looks beautiful in these muted colors! The wreath on the second card is so pretty with the raffia bow and the bird perched in it! Great designs!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

meg said...

The bird sitting on the floral wreath is beautiful, love this card, thank you for joining in at MMM.

Darnell said...

Your congrats designed card using the same bird is equally beautiful, Sandie! I love that wreath and the gorgeous color! And I loved seeing the real-life photo of your daughter's bird! Thank you for sharing and thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #4! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful bird, Sandie! I love the wreath and how well the neutral tones of the bird play off the reds! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW those birds are so pretty. Love your cards. Great coloring. Super designs thanks for the ideas. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...gorgeous cards..love the colours you used.
Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
🙂 Karen

Furrbster said...

He is a gorgeous cockatiel! I do love the white face ones. I bet he sings you a lovely song every morning?

Lovely cards too - your bird even has the same pose lol.

Hugz Tinz

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are beautiful and perfect for the occasions they're intended for. I love how you used the bird stamp in two totally different ways! Thanks so much for linking up to Cropstop with these!

SewPaperPaint said...

An awesome bird stamp and two beautiful cards! Hugs, Autumn

sweetpea said...

Great card, thanks for sharing it in the MMM challenge Janet DT

Cazro said...

Stunning cards, I love them both, a great stamp. Nice to see two totally different styles. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

Jo Ann said...

Oh, how adorable. Both are so beautiful! Thank you for joining our previous Challenge and would like to invite you back to our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I would like to leave you with one of the greatest verses in the Scripture from Romans 5:8 which says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Have a wonderful day!

JO ANN
https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com