Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day...Yes, a Bit Early!!


This is another of the cards for the fundraiser. I have been having fun just creating cards, not for any challenges, but just to use my favorite stuff in my "stash"! I love this fish!!


The main thing that is interesting about this card is the designer paper, of course. Its very unusual! I've had it for quite a while...maybe a couple years already. It is called "Que Sera Sera" by K&Company. I bought the 8.5 x 8.5 pad and a set of printed die-cuts that match. (The fish on the front is one of the die-cuts.) I find the DP a little hard to work with because it is 2-sided; both sides are beautiful, but don't always "go" together real well...so for a card the inside and the outside don't blend as well as I'd like. That's why I always try to bring an element from the one to the other to tie them together better. (Hope that makes sense!)
The circular "Father's Day" sentiment is a digital freebie I got off the internet.
The "bubbles" on the front are "Droplets" from Kaisercraft.

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

No comments: