Sunday, September 9, 2012

SSiC Challenge #156 "Bright Colors"

Happy Sunday, my friends!
Glad you could stop by for a minute.
The new challenge this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is:
use only bright colours, no neutrals, blacks, browns, etc.
Our Happy Hostess this week is Jerusha!
Sha chose the following Bible verse as the theme verse for our challenge:

Romans 3:23-24
" For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins."
What wonderful verses! Jerusha has some devotional thouhgts on these verses which you can read on the SSiC blog or on her blog (see sidebar).

We have another very generous sponsor again this week who has offered to give, as a lovely prize,
one stamp set of the winner's choice(!) from:

The Craft's Meow
The Craft's Meow

So here is the card I made using bright colors and NO neutrals!


The cute frog image is from Pollycraft, who are no longer in business, but some of their adorable images can still be purchased from http://www.littlemissmuffetstamps.com/(I think!).
I colored him with colored pencils but when I photgraph that it looks a little faded...something about the colored pencil stuff catches the light differently. :(
The DP's are all from my stash as are the buttons.
The HB stamp is Imaginations.

This is a really fun, cheery challenge this week...using all bright colors! Hope you join us and show us YOUR creation! For more inspiration check out all my DT sisters' blogs...they are all listed in my sidebar under SSiC DT. Happy crafting!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

So bright and so cute!!

CarlaKH said...

awww what a cute card and adorable froggy!

Miesje said...

Your card made me smile! Such a fun image in the bright colors. Have a great week!

Traci M said...

Frog-a-luscious!, love this card! Have a great week!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - This card makes me smile each time I look at it! It reminds me of my Ben who is ALWAYS collecting small animals and giving them a home in his room. Right now he is "parenting" a painted turtle and 2 snappers!! (I know, I know....what will we do with them when they are big enough to take off his finger??? idk honestly. Right now they are about the size of a half dollar.) Anyway.....*sigh* your card is adorable! Any boy would love it. Like Ben....or Josiah ;) lol
Blessings,
Michelle

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sandie that is such a cute little frog image, I can well imagine why he would still be a favorite of yours. I have always liked frogs, I used to sew little beanbag frogs when I was little; this was way before there was such a thing as beanie babies. :) See, I could have made a fortune and I never knew it! Wishing you a blessed week!

Helen said...

Too cute! I love this bright, cheerful little guy! Very fun card! Have a blessed day! ~H