Monday, October 8, 2012

Our 35th Anniversary! Plus, a Fall Card!


Yes, today (October 8) is my 35th wedding anniversary! I married a wonderful guy 35 years ago and haven't regretted a minute of those 35 years! He is so perfect...perfect for me, anyway! God blessed me with just the right guy and I'm still thanking Him!
Here is the card I made for Jerry, my dear hubby:

The train is a free digi image I found online. If interested, you can check out the site I got it from: "Free Vintage Images"...in my sidebar under My Blog List.

A friend asked me today to email her a picture of us on our wedding day and since I've got it on my computer now I thought it might be fun to show it to you all too!


Now, the card below is very appropriate for showing on our anniversary because almost every year we take a little "color tour" by heading up north here in Michigan. We usually don't get any farther north than Traverse City, but once in while we go all the way to Macinac City and cross the bridge! But one place we always stop on our way home is Ebel's in Falmouth! I love that place! Big crates of apples outside so you can select a bushel or two, and groceries and hardware inside. But also inside is a really nice clothing department...I bought a beautiful sweater there several years ago and still love it! We were going to go up north tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be rainy and cold so we put off our annual trip for a week.

So here is my "bushel of apples" card in honor of Ebel's!

The pre-colored digi stamp is from a set called "Bushel and a Peck" by Daydream Designs.
The green and white gingham background is from another DD set called "Rustic Gingham".
They keep adding new digital images and paper sets all the time! The new Christmas ones will be there any day now! Check it out @  Daydream Designs !!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Happy 35th Anniversary Sandie!! What an awesome testimony that is just being married that long ;) Gorgeous wedding photo, and I love your card you made for your hubs. The train is awesome--symbolic of your journey together. Hope you enjoy your trip and hope you get to see all the beautiful colors of Fall foliage along the way. Cute apple card :)
Hugs, Kris

Diane Noble said...

Happy Anniversary, Sandie! How fun to see your wedding picture! What a wonderful testimony enduring marriages are....congratulations! Beautiful artwork too. Love the train, And how neat to commemorate a special place and event in your life with the Bushel and a Peck set. Love it!

Kristie @ My Paper Life said...

Happy Anniversary Sandie & Jerry! Thank you for sharing your wedding photo.

The "color trip" sounds wonderful. We have a park we go to every year to try and catch the colors. We will be going next week.

Love the card with the apples. The gingham paper is perfect for it!

Jessi Fogan said...

What an occasion to celebrate! Congratulations to both of you :) We try to do a little trip each year as well - even something as simple as an overnight in the next town becomes a tradition :)

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful card and a beautiful wedding picture!