Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Card


A really quick post this afternoon! Here is a "spring" card I am entering in 2 challenges:

1) http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/ - Week # 55- Flower Palette"



I will put a few more details about the card-making in later!

Thanks for looking!


Monday, April 4, 2011

Okay, now that I have a little time I will add some info about my "Spring" card.

The paper is mostly from my stash; the light green and light blue are ProvoCraft; the white is Cryogen.

The HouseMouse stamp is called "Party Ribbons" (but I cut off all the ribbons!); the swirl stamp is (I think?) Inkadinkadoo, from Joann Fabrics; the flower stamps are from a random acrylic set I have; the alphabet letters for Spring are "Storybook Alphabet" by Stampendous.

The buttons, flowers and rhinestones are from my stash.


I did try something on this card that I've seen alot of lately but had not done myself: sponging the edges of the paper with ink for a soft border effect. It was incredibly easy! And I really like the look. So, as always, comments are read, enjoyed, and greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable spring card!!Love the sweet colors and flowers!Thanks for sharing your lovely creation this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

Karen said...

So pretty!! Love how you used the swirls! : )

Heather said...

Fabulous card, great colour scheme and the swirl is beautiful. Gorgeous colouring of the little 'mousie' who really has a Spring in his step!!

So glad you could join us at House Mouse & Friends,
hugs
Heather xx

Peggie said...

Super fun card. Love how the mouse looks like it is hanging on and swirling around.

Dorte said...

Adorable spring card, pretty colours and dp. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
Dorte, GD March

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee This made me smile. Nicely done. Thanks for playing in the House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge.

Sandy said...

This is one of the cutest cards I have seen in a long time and I adore it!
Sandy

Sue from Oregon said...

A great springy, Easter card! The sponging did ad a nice touch too! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K