Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Shopping Our Stash Challenge 84 "Buttons"

Yes, its time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash...another FUN challenge! This one is all about BUTTONS...especially OLD buttons! Buttons that have been in your stash for a long time. I have bags and jars and tins of buttons that I have been collecting since I was a high school girl, and since I am 60 now, I'm sure some of my buttons are real antiques (like me!).
Next week my hubby turns 61 on Wednesday so I needed a b-day card for him. I'm hoping I pulled off a "guy" card even though I used buttons. I know he will understand.


This had been an unusual holiday season for us this year because he has not been feeling so great. He has vertigo...its been a month now and its just as bad as when it started. The doctor says it should "go away" within about 6 to 7 weeks.(Yikes!) So far he has tried the Epley procedure, motion sickness meds, gluten-free diet, dairy-free (almost) diet, and massage. We are scheduled to go in to an allergist on the 15th but may go back to our family Dr first. Friends have suggested going to an ENT too. He's getting kinda desperate...any suggestions?


And here is the inside of the card...with even more buttons!
Now I will list what I used to make this one. 
First for the cover:
Blue cs and striped paper are both Paper Studio
Brown, white, and aqua cs...scraps from my stash
Brown ink is Vivid/Clearsnap
HB stamp is All Night Media
Lighthouse stamp is Our Daily Bread 
The mesh is wallboard seam tape
Old buttons from my giant button stash!
Next for the inside:
Same materials, but different stamps...
"Wonderful B-day" I borrowed from a friend
Bible verse is a Verve stamp

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you can join our challenge this week!
For more inspiration check out my talented team-mates' blogs...they are all listed in my sidebar or you can go to the SOS blog and see them all there.
Happy BUTTON-crafting!

6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what a ♥GORGEOUS♥ card, it's incredibly lovely & special... (& so it should be, for the dude in question!) ...not to mention a BRILLIANT use of those fab buttons! a tour de force!

ps: happy birthday to THE MAN, and i hope his best present will be feeling ALL BETTER SOON!!!! ♥♥♥

pss: YES, you totally pulled off "guy card" in a big, big way!!!!!! :)

CarlaKH said...

what a great card- defintiely masculine. I hope your hubby feels better soon- so frustrating when they can't find anything to help!

Jessi Fogan said...

I think buttons are a fabulous masculine embellishment :) And you picked great ones!
As for the vertigo...as a teenager I had something similar and the dr. called it 'labyrinthitis'. There was a medication he prescribed called ANTIVERT. The recovery time was about the same as the estimate you mentioned, so I thought I'd tell you in case that helps at all. It was an inner ear problem, but without an ear infection or anything.

Debbie said...

This is an awesome masculine card!! I love the texture and buttons on both the outside and inside!!
Sorry to hear your hubby is struggling! Will pray for him that you find a solution soon!!

Gail said...

Wonderful guy card. Great! I love the image and the buttons are a nice accent without being too girly. I have a friend who suffered from vertigo but it went away after just a couple of days. Sorry I don't have any remedies for you! You and your hubby are in my prayers. Hugs, Gail

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - This is a great card!! I think you husband will love it! You really rocked this one!
Blessings,
Michelle