Tuesday, September 28, 2010

2 Birthday Cards Done!!


Today is the birthdate of 2 of my children...and they are NOT twins! They were born 2 years apart. Linzy (28) still teases her "little brother" John (26) that he so rudely interupted her birthday party.

Linz is quite the "outdoorsie" girl, loves leaves, flowers, trees, etc. so I had to include her favorite: oak leaves. John is an excellent fisherman so the lighthouse seemed appropriate.
For Linzy's card I used DCWV "Indian Summer" paper, Twinkle Jewels (from StampingScrapping), the leaf stamps are Hero Arts & Stampin' Up! and the design I "borrowed" from Jan Hunnicutt on someone elses site (hers?)...so THANKS! The Happy Birthday sentiment is Stampabilities.

Note: on the inside of this card I purposely did not center the sentiment because my husband
and I like to write personal notes to our adult children
and let them know how proud we are of them, or offer
encouragement...whatever. So I like to leave a little extra room if possible.















For John's card I used card stock from my stash, a stamp that I bought recently at the Big Sable Pt. lighthouse (while we were camping at Ludington St. Park),
a shortened version of a tag stamp from Cindy E. and her Twinkle Jewels.
Oh, and the folded-frame idea I also got from seeing it on someone elses blog....so THANKS again! I really appreciate all you artistic people sharing your ideas AND techniques!







You would not believe how long these 2 cards took me!
I had several other versions that never reached completion but these I'm happy with and just hope my kids like them too!

Please let me know what you think of them and any suggestions you have for improvement I would truly appreciate!

WAIT! Before commenting, see above! (my next post) I changed something.

3 comments:

StampingScrapping.com said...

Sandie
Kevin and I love them both. Of course the lighthouse was Kevin's favorite and mine too!
You have came a long ways and we are sure your
kids will love them!
Thanks for sharing
K & C

*SHeRRy B* said...

Your cards are lovely! I'm sure your children will cherish them!

Barb F said...

I love the one with the lighthouse best! That's a really good idea about not centering the message! I always write to my kids but this makes more sense than just leaving a piece blank. I usually have lots to say until it comes time to say it! Hugs to you!