Thursday, January 5, 2012

2 New Birthday Cards

In late December we have 2 birthdays in our family...one is my grandaughter Lilly (2) on Christmas Day and the other is son-in-law Russ on December 30. But with the busyness of the holidays we did not celebrate them until now. Tonight we are getting together for a b-day party! My husband turns 60 on January 9 so we will "celebrate" that one too!
First up is Lilly's card:
The items used for this card are as follows:
  • Cardstock is all from my stash
  • the sentiment was computer generated
  • the stamp is a Wild Rose Studio - "Dog and Chick"* colored w/colored pencils
  • the die cut frame is a Spellbinder - "Scalloped Edge Frame"*
  • adhesive - Scor Tape
  • half-pearls* & ribbon from my stash
The second card is Russ's:
The items used on this one are:
  • tree stamp (old one, unbranded??)
  • ink: Memento*
  • "Happy Birthday" stamp from Imaginations
  • Stickles - "Icicle"*
  • SSCC - "Terrific Tab Dies" with matching*
  • SSCC - "Tab Basics 2" stamps*
  • square brass brads, from my stash
  • cardstock, also from my stash

I used Cindy's new tab die with the matching stamp for this card. I printed the stamped border a little too light but I knew I was going to print the sentiment over it and didn't want them "fighting"! At first I wasn't sure how to use the tabs but after experimenting with placement I really like them! Like tucking a note or extra greeting into your card! Pretty shapes too!

The inside sentiment is computer generated. The font is called "Peggy Font" (I think). If anyone is interested I can look up the details on that font. Just let me know.

As usual, all of the *'d items are available at Cindy's amazing online store: http://www.stampingscrapping.com/
I am entering this second card in the challenge at SSCC; the challenge is "Dies".

5 comments:

Sara said...

Those cards are wonderful.

Karen said...

Cute cards Sandie!! : )

Sandy said...

Both cards are wonderful! I really like that cute dog card. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family too.
sandy

Meg Farris said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining the SSCC Challenge!

Lisa T said...

Your tree card is beautiful! And that Wild Rose stamp is just adorable. :)