Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blue & White Birthday Card

This card is for a very special lady for her 80th birthday.  I used to work with Pat for many years at Heartwell Mortgage which closed its doors in July of 2007 because of the down-turn of the economy. She was the receptionist there for over 30 years and I was her "fill-in"...she taught me the fine art of being a friendly, in-control receptionist! The days I wasn't needed at the front desk I got to be a "Girl Friday" and help out in whatever department had work for me. It was a great job! And Pat is still a great lady!
Here is the card I will give her tomorrow when I see her:

The sentiments are computer generated.
The flower is made from the all-white "Color Me" Flowers by StampingScrapping.com.
I used watercolor paints to color each layer and glitter glue for some sparkle.

The blue and white theme was chosen, not by me but by the "DutchCardLovers"!
Their theme was a sketch (which I turned on its side) and the colors blue & white.
The 2-sided navy blue border down the middle...and on the inside... is for the "ShoppingOur Stash" Challenge.
Below is the inside of the card; the wording (on the left) is again computer generated.

A list of ingredients:
Some cardstock (off-white, navy) are from my stash
Blue & White print paper is from PaperPizazz
Blue & White check is Paper Studio
Cryogen* cardstock for white die cuts
"Color Me" Flower* from StampingScrapping.com
Ranger Stickles* - "Star Dust"
Memento Dye Ink - "Paris Dusk"
Verve Stamp - Bible verse
Heart stamp is Inkadinkadoo - "Love & Friendship" set
"Vintage Flourish" Stamp - Stampabilities
Border Punch - Martha Stewart "Doily Lace"
Spellbinder Dies* - "Labels 15"
Queen & Co. Pearls* - "Denim"
Adhesives: ScorTape* & Glue Dots*
Ribbon, from my stash
*As usual, the *'d items came be discovered at www.stampingscrapping.com

I am entering this card in 2 challenges:
http://dutchcardlovers.blogspot.com/ - #122 "Sketch + Blue & White"
http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/ - #35 "Across the Border"

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment! I love to hear from fellow bloggers/crafters!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful card Sandie!! : )

anja curvers said...

wow a very beautiful card love what you did with the inside great job. thanks for joining us at DCL.

José said...

What a lovely card Sandie. Love it that you did the inside as well. That flower is just gorgeous. I'm sure Pat will hugely appreciate this gesture.
Thanks for joining us at DCL.
Jose

StampingScrapping.com said...

LOVE LOVE the color me matching flower the card is BEAUTIFUL

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

what a beautiful and elegant card. I love the flower it looks gorgeous. :)) A great card to receive, I think he will be very please. :))
Thanks for joining the DCL.\

Hugs, Rosalien

Margot said...

lovely card and lovely inside! thanks for joining DCL!

Елена said...

Чудесная работа! смотрится гармонично и очень красиво!
с теплом, Елена

EnblogSail said...

This is so sweet and I'm very sure Pat will be so touched!
Caryl

paige said...

gorgeous card inside and out! thanks for joining us at SOS!