Saturday, May 4, 2013

Children Say "Happy Mother's Day!"



Mother's Day is fast approaching! I had high hopes of putting several Mother's Day cards on Etsy but time is running out! I'd rather make cards than try to sell them...too bad 'cause that would help pay for my "habit"!


My thoughts on Mother's Day
Mother's Day is such a special celebration of our mothers...mothers of all ages and all generations.
Of course, without being blessed with children a woman may have trouble celebrating the day. But its good to remember that our "physical" children are not the only ones to bless us...often we have spiritual children, and nieces, nephews, neighbors, students, friends...special children who mean so much to us. And not just youngsters, but any one God has placed in our lives to nuture and care for. 
My own dear little mother is now 88 years old and lives in another state with my siblings. I'm sure she never thought she would someday live with them again when they, one by one, left home to begin their own lives.
But God had a different plan and they are now caring for her...a role reversal. It took over a year to adjust but they are doing well and I'm thankful for their dedication to her. When I talk with her I can sense in her calm responses a sense of security and peace.
I myself am facing the "empty nest" very soon...next week, in fact. The last of our six children is moving into his own house! He's been remodeling and buying appliances and a lawn mower...he's excited and so are we, but I will miss him terribly. We have such good conversations and laugh together and discuss God's word and share a special adult relationship. He is one of the special reasons I get to celebrate Mother's Day!
(Yes, I've got tears in my eyes!)

So this is one more card to honor all the "mothers" out there...ALL varieties!

My ingredients:
Embossing folders- Sizzix "Ribbon" & "Dots, Circles, Stars"
Stamp- Sweet Stamps "Singing Children"
Bible verse- digital image from WordArtWednesday
Die cut- Sweet Stamps "Elegant Leaves"
Card stock- Lt blue: One Heart...One Mind
White: Bazzill
Sentiment- computer generated
Silk flowers, handmade flower, ribbon, trim- from my stash
...and Stitching.

And the challenges I'm entering this one in:
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com - #115 "White on White + 1 Color" (blue)
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com - #152 "Needle It, piercing/stitching"
http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com - #196 "Sketch by Melissa" (which I turned on it's side)


Thanks so much for stopping by today! May you all have a truly blessed Mother's Day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandie,
My Mother took off for Heaven in January so this is the first year I am motherless on Mothers Day. I really like your card, the blue and white seem so soothing.
I have one son back home for a wee while and that helps somewhat. I started making cards to have something special to send to her. I to, would like to support this habit.
It has been fun stopping by.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artwork with us this week. We LOVE seeing all your creations.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Jo Ann said...

Wow, wonderful embossing on this and that image is fabulous with our Word Art. Wonderful job! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Big hugs!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, Sandie!! I love the embossing and stitching on the trim!! Those flowers and little die cut are lovely! (My oldest will go off to college in a year and even thinking about that can bring me to tears! I can't imagine them all being gone!)
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet and beautiful Sandie!! I just love the blue and white, the embossing, the image and sentiment, and your elegant design!! Thanks for joining ODBD this week!!

Karen Letchworth said...

I would type the word DARLING about 100 times if I could. This is beyond adorable, EVERYTHING about it is delightful. Thanks for sharing it in our challenge. I'm just SO in love with it. I appreciate your participation in our challenge, and blessed to have seen this DARLING card.
Have a blessed week in the Lord.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. I hope you will stop over to V's Sweet Ideas and also link up this card there as well - it's a Mother's Day Challenge and I know that the more people who see this, the more people who will smile and enjoy it. Please link up with us there as well.
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

Blessings to you!

Adrian said...

Pretty, thanks for playing @ CTO

Esther said...

Darling card!!! Wonderful sentiment :)
Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!

Unknown said...

This is simply beautiful, love how you've designed your card. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

Dawn said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.