Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day! Hope all of you had a lovely day today...a very blessed day!
I got to have only 2 of my 6 kids here for lunch today...the others all had plans with other mothers! I had told them that was just fine...we can't get together every year the same now that most of them are married or have steady girlfriends. I had a great day anyway! All of them called or stopped by at some time today and 2 of them brought me hanging flower baskets and my husband gave me the most precious card! 
Tonight I just finished one last Mother's Day card (sorry, I think I said that last week too!) and I will have to just put it away for next year.


Here is my list of supplies used to make this one:
Digital rose & Bible verse image - Imagine That Digi Stamps "Rose Blessings"
colored with Spectrum Noir and Memento markers
Happy Mother's Day sentiment - computer generated
Spellbinders dies - "Labels 15" & "Fleur de Lis Squares"
Patterned card stock - K&Company "Merryweather" &
Webster's Pages "Petite Papers"
White card staock base - Bazzill
Ranger Stickles glitter glue - "Icicle"
Flatback pearls - Pizzazz Aplenty "Pale Pink"
Paper doilly, pink ribbon and pink card stock - from my stash

Challenges being entered:
http://Celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com - #111 "Happy Mother's Day"
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com - Anything Goes + 2 or more patterned papers
http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.com - #6 Mother's Day, Rose Blessings
http://sketchandstashchallenge.blogspot.com - #113 Sketch 9
(new stash= digi image, neglected stash= old doilies)

12 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Your card is just stunning, all your details along with the subtle shine is so very beautiful! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" challenge :)

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just gorgeous, Sandie. WOW, thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge this week. It's such a blessing to have you share and fellowship. I appreciate your participation in our challenge. Thanks again for stopping by!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Adrian said...

Pretty! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. The colors and die cut are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.
Hugs,
Carolyn

~@ngie~ said...

a gorgeous card... I love everything about it... from the image & papers to the colour combo... so elegant & pretty :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good luck :)

Hugz Angie xXx

stamp-color-and create said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us on the Clear It Out Challenge Blog. Good luck.

Kristine said...

OH This is Beeeautiful Sandie!! Lovely in pink and I love your glittery elements too. So pretty. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :) My hubby and kids bought supplies to make a flower tower and we spent a good 2 hours putting it together :) Hope you have a great week. Hugs! kris

simply monica said...

Gorgeous card and I love the look of the Spectrum pens ! Might have to give them a try too. Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps!! Congrats

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! I love all the pink! The doily and due cut frame the image perfectly!!

Tress said...

Stunning card! Love the sparkle and all the little details!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beyond beautiful. The layering, colors, gorgeous papers and detailing are outstanding and add so much to your gorgeous image.

Anonymous said...

This is so, so pretty! It just a lovely card.
Thanks for joining us a Sweet Stamps!
Hugs,
Carolyn