Monday, July 8, 2013

Christmas in July


On a hot, sticky July day here is a little cool breeze of winter! 
Lots of snowflakes and a "Merry Christmas"!
Lots of sparkley "icey" glitter, too!
(However, the red hot snowflakes DO seem appropriate for July, don't they?!)


The snowflakes are die cuts I bought as a set...sorry, I don't remember the brand.
The background cs is really a dark navy...I know it kinda looks like black.
The medallion stamp I used is a Clear Dollar Stamps, and I heat-embossed it with white and added a fine glitter while heating...and my experiment worked! The glitter actually fused into the embossing powder and came out very sparkley! I did the same thing on the sentiment, a Stampabilities stamp. The edge border is a Martha Stewart called "Doily Lace"; the die cut for the sentiment is Spellbinders "Labels 4". Some "Star Dust" Stickles and a few rhinestones...and we're all done!


Note the Stickles on the white border; they're hard to see in the photo but look great up close and carry through the "icey, sparkley" theme quite nicely. The white border is actually on the back page of the card.

I'm entering this card in:
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com - Challenge #124 "Snow"
http://craftingwhenwecanchallenges.blogspot.com - Challenge #48 "Christmas in July"
http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com - Challenge #153 "Christmas in July"

6 comments:

Poppet said...

The snowflakes look great Sandie, the sparkle on them really does remind me of frost on the ground.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

rudlis said...

Beautiful Christmas card.
This is absolutely fabulous. I love it to pieces.
Thanks for playing at SweetStamps.com.

Roxie said...

I like all the colors and sizes of your snowflakes, Thanks for playing along with us at SweetStamps.com.

Nikki Craft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card:) Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can.....good luck x
huga Nikki x

LeAnne said...

Wow, this certainly makes me feel cool - love your snowflakes! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oooh, I just love all of the glitz and glam on your card! The layered scalloped border is a fantastic touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)