Monday, July 22, 2013

Using the "Dryer Sheet" Technique....Easy & Pretty!

Hello, Blogger Friends! I've got a busy summer going here...haven't been in my craft room as much as usual. But I did manage to come up with a few "quick" cards. Using a pre-colored digital stamped image makes everything alot faster!


I saw the "dryer sheet" technique used on several beautiful samples on the Sweetstamps challenge blog and decided it looked interesting! Had to try it for myself! I also watched a tutorial on it (I don't remember where...sorry!) and that showed how to add glitter so I did that too! That was SO easy...I used spray adhesive on the surface of my image and added the dryer sheet, and after smoothing it down there is a little bit of tackiness between the fibers so if you sprinkle on a little glitter and rub it in a bit it sticks perfectly!

I wasn't too happy with the pictures I took of this card outdoors the other day, so I took a few more in my craft room. This one (above) is a little better, don't you think?

My list of ingredients:
Spellbinders dies - Fleur de Lis Squares
Pre-colored digital image - Doodle Pantry "Poppies-Red"
Bible verse, digi - Doodle Pantry "Psalm 136-1"
Spray adhesive - Aleene's "Tacky Spray"
Card stock - Bazzill white; lt blue & black are from my stash
Bling - EK Success rhinestones
Ultra fine glitter - "Pastel Glitter"

Challenge:
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com - July Technique Challenge:
"Dryer Sheet Technique"

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so beautiful- I love the sentiment especially- and the sparkle!!! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com


Denise said...

This is such a lovely card! The sparkle is so nice and your Image is great. Love the Sentiment!! Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at SweetStamps.com this month. Good Luck .....
Crafty Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE how you layered it with the glitter! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com

rudlis said...

This is absolutely fabulous. I love it to pieces! Thanks for playing at SweetStamps.com.
Have a great day!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

This is really stunning!!! Love the beautiful sentiment and you flower is colored so beautifully. Thank you for joining us at SweetStamps.