Saturday, September 14, 2013

Masking Technique

Today I finally got busy and finished the "masking technique" card I've had on my craft table for over a week now. The SweetStamps challenge blog has weekly challenges and monthly challenges...the monthly ones are always a "technique" challenge. I really like that because I have tried several new things already! 
This month the technique is MASKING. I've done this before but this time I did it very carefully and precisely...and I like how it turned out! What  do you think?


This little girl is one of my favorite Bildmalarna stamps and I masked her and stamped the fence background twice...once on each side to make a long enough fence. I colored everything except the chicks with Memento, Spectrum Noir and ProMarker markers...the chicks I had to use colored pencil.


I recently won the great little Craft-Dee Bowz bow-maker so I used that to make my lovely little bow! And it works great! Very good instructions!

So here's my list of ingredients:
Spelbinders dies- "Standard Circles Lg", "Labels 4", "Fleur de Lis Squares"
Stamps- Bildmalarna "Mimosa-Chicken", CDS "Wistful Wishes", Stampcraft "Fence"
Craft-Dee Bowz bow-maker
Markers - ProMarkers "aquas", Memento "greens & tans", Spectrum Noir "flesh tones"
Ink- Memento "Tuxedo Black", Studio G "Lt Brown"
Tsukineko small dauber
Border punch- Martha Stewart  "Doily"
Card stock and ribbon...from my stash!

Challenges:
Sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com - August "Masking Technique"
Wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - #97 Anything Goes
craft-deebowz.blogspot.com - Sept. Challenge: Anything Goes w/handmade bow
promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com - #215 Perfect Pets
sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com - #171 Something *Tweet*

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Pretty and precious card! Wonderful masking and love the way you framed out the image.
Lynn

Karen Letchworth said...

How pretty, Sandie! Thank you for sharing this adorable card in our challenge this week, and for taking the time to stop by. I really appreciate having you stop by and participate in our challenge and please join us again real soon.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Shelly said...

Hi! Cute card, I love the adorable little girl with her chicks! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers and good luck!

coops said...

so gorgeous sandie.really adorable image, the chicks are so sweet and i love your beautiful design.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is very sweet. Beautiful coloring!! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Hugs, Barbara {personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}