Monday, September 30, 2013

Roses

Today, just a quick post. This sympathy card was made using a new stamp I just got last week, the one with the larger roses. It is from SweetStamps, called "Vertical Roses" and I bought it a their retail store knowing it would match their other rose stamps (which I have 2 or 3 of). I like that it is a larger size of the same roses so I can get a variety of different effects with it. Here I used the small stamp to make my own background paper.


The sentiment stamp is also from SweetStamps. I stamped the images and sentiment in dark brown ink, TH Distress Ink "Walnut Stain". The flowers and leaves are colored with Memento markers and Spectrum Noir markers, then added a touch of Stickles "Star Dust". I used my new Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker too. 
Cardstock, paper, ribbons...all from my stash.
Challenges:
Craft-deebowz.blogspot.com - #CDB05 Anything Goes

8 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So beautiful! I love the touch of glitter on those roses! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com!
Lisa

Shelly Schmidt said...

This card is so beautiful! Your colors are fabulous- and I love the layout of this card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

simply monica said...

This is absolutely gorgeous I am loving the colors you used and the touch of sparkle I see is gorgeous!

simply monica said...

Forgot to say thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com - new challenge is fast approaching see you there right?!!

Roxie said...

The small rose made a nice designer paper, real pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at SweetStamps.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Sandie. Although it's never a fun time when we need to make a sympathy card, it's always such a blessing to the recipient to know they're loved and thought of during a difficult time. I have no doubt that this beautiful card will be a blessing and comfort. Thanks for stopping by to share your card with us in this week's challenge. I always LOVE seeing your sweet creations.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a beautiful card, I love how you used the one rose stamp on it's side. Beautiful coloring. Thanks again for joining us in this weeks blog challenge.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you for posting with us. It is wonderful seeing your projects. We would love to see you again next week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
.