Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day, My Daughters!

I have 4 daughters and one daughter-in-law...and all of them are mommies! So they all received Mother's Day cards from me. I had recently gotten a new set of stamps I HAD to try out, so I did! And here is what I came up with:


The sentiment is a freebie font that I found online called "Sophia" by Mats-Peter Forss. The stamp set is from Simon Says Stamp and I just love it! I printed the sentiment first, then stamped all 5 cards using Versa Fina black ink, and finally colored them all with watercolor pencils, water-washed each color, added Stickles and then sequins. Oh, yes...and a sheer lavender bow!
I wrote a personal note to each daughter and I think they really liked them. Hope so!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com - #188 Add a Sentiment
http://www.cropstop.com/blog - May Challenge #28

6 comments:

L. D. said...

It gives you a wonderful card. The stamps and colors work out so well to make it a better than Hallmark card. I always enjoy seeing your creations.

Glenda Atkins said...

How lucky to have so many mommies in your family as Grand-kids are so wonderful. Your card is wonderfully happy and bright, I am sure they were so pleased to receive it. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Add a Sentiment' challenge.
Happy Crafting
Glenda DT

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! What a gorgeous Mother's Day card! It reminds me of the adult coloring books that are so popular right now, but you created that lovely card front yourself! Beautiful stamping and coloring! Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog this month!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Sandie! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and I really hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Judy Rozema said...

So bright and cheery! Thank you for linking up at Really Reasonable Ribbon!