Monday, May 22, 2017

Hello Spring!

Today I'm showing one of the 3 cards we made for my card-making class last week...a "special-fold" card. This one is a Center Step Card. I like to decorate both small side pieces as well as the main center panel. I did part of the prep work for the ladies in my class or this one would have taken far too long! I do want them to have fun and not get discouraged even when making fairly complicated cards. 
And, yes, Spring is here in full force! My early flowers are blooming, the Orioles are back and I have seen several beautiful butterflies already!


Center-Step Card...


...folds flat for mailing.

To make this card I used the following-
Inks: Studio G aqua & dark turquoise, Memento Tuxedo Black & London Fog, FSJ Pineapple Smoothie
Card stock: "Floral Dreams" by Fabscraps
Stamps: FSJ Enjoy the Journey, Hero Arts Saying Hello, Inkadinkadoo Sketchy Flourishes, and some mystery flower stamps*
Dies: FSJ Journey Circles & Butterflies, Spellbinders Circles
Punch: Martha Stewart Scallops w/Dots
Embellishments: FSJ Sequins- Blue Skies, Stickles Star Dust, ribbon bow made with my Craft-deebowz bow maker!

*I got a small set of blue rubber stamps (flowers and leaves) with gray cling foam from a friend but have no idea what brand they are. If you recognize them please let me know! Thanks!

Challenges:
http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com - May: Sequins and/or colors
(I used sequins & only the aqua)
https://craft-deebowz.blogspot.com - May, AG w/handmade bow
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com - #189 Floral Profusion
http://www.cropstop.com/blog - #28 AG
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - #282-283 AG

Once again, thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Hope you come back again soon!

11 comments:

Marty F said...

Your card is beautiful, Sandie! I love your colors, the flowery center panel you made is awesome and your butterfly is so pretty! It's nice to see the center-step shape - I seem to get in a rut of the usual. Very inspiring! Your sweet bow is perfect for this project. Thank you for playing along with us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our monthly challenge, Anything Goes & Include a Handmade Bow :-)

Nancy said...

Really beautiful card, Sandie! Such a wonderful design!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! :o)

Esther Asbury said...

Special fold cards are always so fun, and you created a beautiful one! Love all the lace edging, the pretty swirls, and that lovely butterfly!! Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog -- it's always a pleasure to see your work appear in the gallery!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so so beautiful! Great colors and design. Hugs, Autumn

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is really pretty! I love how you used the border dies and the colours are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

J said...

Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time. I really like the teal colour and the card shape is one of my favourites - so versatile!

Jackie

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafy Cardmakers challenge. MarleneDT

Rocky said...

Such a pretty stepper card, love the colour choice. Thank you for sharing it with us at HOC.

craftysahmiam said...

Such a lovely combination of colors and images on your step card. Thank you for sharing it with us at House of Cards.

Pam said...

Such a beautiful card. Lovely pastel colors. Thank you so much for joining us in our Floral Profusion Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
:) Pam

L. D. said...

I really like seeing dimensional things on cards. Your colors on this are wonderful.