Friday, July 7, 2017

CropStop.com Guest Designer Wedding Card

This week I have the privilege of being a Guest Designer for CropStop.com!
***Special Note: the Cropstop website is down because of technical issues and hopes to be back up and going very soon!*** Yes, they're back!
My hubby and I recently attended the wedding of a young relative so, of course, I had to make a special card! I really enjoy making wedding cards because I have the perfect excuse for frills and flowers and elegance! ( I actually kept this one kinda tame.)



 

To create this card I chose some pale pastel card stock called "Boogie Board" from Bazzill Basics Paper and I punched the Martha Stewart "Doily Lace" borders from both the pale blue and the ivory. The embossed layer was created using a Cuttlebug folder called "Poppy" by Anna Griffin (one of my very favorites!) The sentiment, a Bildmalarna stamp, is stamped in Memento "London Fog" dye ink and die cut using the Spellbinders "Labels 20" die. The flowers and leaves are a combination of four punches: McGill "Birch Leaf" and "Star Flower", and Martha Stewart "Flower" and "Frond". I like to "cup" the flowers a bit so I used my McGill shaping tools and mat. The final "tweaks" are the Ranger Stickles "Star Dust", Doodlebug Designs "Sprinkles" glitter dots, and lightly sponged color on the die cut. For that I used one of my many Tsukineko sponge daubers (another favorite!). Many of these products are available at the CropStop shop! And please check out their blog to see all of the DT's lovely cards this week!

Challenges I'm entering this card in:
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - #290-291 AG
http://www.scrapyland-blog.com - #69 AG
http://mustardseedfaithchallenges.blogspot.com - Choose Joy
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com - #192 Tic, Tac, Toe (Gems, Stamps, Die Cuts)
http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com - July Elemental Inspiration

(The elements I used: pastels, wedding, flowers, sparkle)
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk - #134 AG
http://giveacrafteracookie.blogspot.ca - #172 Photo Inspiration (wedding)

http://paperplaysketches.blogspot.com - #46 Sketch:


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Come again soon!

12 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
~Owner/DT Janis

Olenkaja said...

Beautiful card. I love design and dies!
Thank you for playing witf us at Scrapy Land Challenge.

Hugs Ola

jen evers said...

Super beautiful card! Just wanted to say I love it very much and thanks for posting it to Paper Play Sketches so I could be inspired! xoxo Jen

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Play Sketches, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

Angelnorth said...

Very pretty, love that shade of green! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

Peggy T. said...

Love your card especially the color. Thank you for joining our Tic Tac Toe Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Peggy T.
Design Team

Esther Asbury said...

Sandie,
I absolutely LOVE the gorgeous wedding card you created as guest designer on Cropstop!!! So, so beautiful!
FYI - the blog is back up and running (store's still down). Thanks for posting the special note about our technical issues!

Karen Letchworth said...

First, congratulations on your Guest Design spot with CropStop. I love your card and all those GORGEOUS flowers. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us. It's always a treat to have you play along, and I hope you'll join us again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. I'd love to have you stop by my blog to say hello.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful card. The flowers are so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. xxx

Enfys said...

What a beautiful card, so delicate and pretty!

J said...

A very elegant card - I love the muted colours you have used. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time...

Jackie