Saturday, March 12, 2011

March Road Trip & "Green" Card


No, not the Green Card that keeps you from being an illegal alien...it's the "Green" card that I made for Anary's challenge blog! A St. Patty's Day card. It says "Aye, and may the luck o' the Irish be with you!" I used a Tilda that is really a Christmas Tilda but I colored her apron green and put shamrocks in her pigtails and have her holding a string of shamrocks. Or are they 4-leaf clovers? Does someone out there know the difference?
I sewed a piece of fabric across the card which I had first stamped with green ink so it would match the other colors better. The light green behind Tilda is embossed with the flower folder from Cuttlebug. Tilda is colored with colored pencils...do you like her red hair? She's got a bit o' the Irish in her, don't ya know.
And a Happy St. Patty's Day to you all!



Hey, I just got back here to snow-country from "down south" where it is, yes, WARM! Hubby and I took a spur-of-the-moment road trip.
The destination was Gulf Shores but we meandered through Indiana, Kentucky (went to the Creation Museum...so cool!), Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, and then to Gulf Shores, AL for a few days.
We got to see our very first Mardi Gras parade! Came home with a ton of bead necklaces and Moon Pies! (NO flashing involved! Eeewwww!)
I ate several kinds of "Southern" foods on this trip: deep fried okra, greens with pork, sweet potatoe fluff, fried green tomatoes, black-eyed peas. I think I ate several kinds of EVERYTHING! I know I gained weight on this trip. Good thing spring is just around the corner so I can get outside and get busy with my flower gardens soon.
That was just a little depressing coming back up north watching the trees have less and less buds and greenery on them...and more and more snow on the ground! Oh well, we had a great trip and feels so good to be home again...and back in my craft room!!


This St. Patrick's Day card is being entered in 4 challenges:
1)"Buttons & Bling" @ http://magnoliastamplovers.blogspot.com/
2)"Fabulous Fabric" @ http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/
3)"Luck of the Irish" -Week 52 @ http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/
4)"Sketch" @ http://stampingscrappingchallengecentral.blogspot.com/


As always, I love to read your comments, so comment away, my friends!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

ooooh, I love the red hair...definitely a bit o' the Irish in this gal. I love the string of shamrocks and the ones in her hair too...very clever idea! The stitching is fabulous. You did a great job. Hugs, Rosemary

Karen said...

Cute card Sandie!! : )

cathylynn said...

Your card is tooo cute!! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Anonymous said...

What a lovely "green card". I love her hair!

And if you are interested in the difference between a shamrock and a four leaf clover, here's the info:
A shamrock is a plant with four-lobed leaves, naturally. The lobes are shaped like hearts, so you have four little hearts in a circle--the plant has little yellow flowers, trumpet-shaped, not many-flowerettes, like clover.

A four-leaf clover is a mutated three leaf-clover that accidentally has four lobes instead of three--the lobes are rounded, not heart-shaped. They're lucky because, since they're a mutation, they're rare.

I've always wondered too; so when you posed the question I looked it up on google.

Kristin said...

I love that you stamped the background fabric! It's really perfect, and your little girl image is adorable. The chain of clovers is ingenious! Thanks for playing along with Fabulous Fabric at Our Creative Corner!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You do sensational work with colored pencils. Tilda looks gorgeous and I love all the special Irish touches - the red hair, the 4-leaf clovers on her pigtails and that chain of clovers she's holding. Inspired touch with stamping the fabric! Beautiful work on the fabric challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet St. Patty's card!! Love the image and your added fabric so cute! Thanks for joining us this week on the OCC fabric challenge!