Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another HM Halloween Card

Not sure if we are allowed to enter more than one card in the HM Challenge or not but I thouhgt I would at least post this one here 'cause I actually like how it turned out! I always loved carving pumpkins as a kid and with my kids while they grew up but now no one does it any more. Sooooo....I got this idea to "carve " a pumpkin face on a card! What do you think?
   (I sent an email to America at HM and she says its OK to enter another card! So I will!)
The main cardstock is kraft and the orange on the inside has been inked with white, yellow and orangge ink using the Tim Holtz blending tool. The HM stamp is "Feelin' Rosey" (Maxwell minus the teacup!).
I really do love the teacup but I keep finding things that would be so cute to see him peeking over the edge of...I just can't resist! Had to try it!
The "Trick or Treat" stamp and the sparkley flower and the "Twinkle Jewels" are all from StampingScrapping.com. And so is the "Happy Halloween" and the little ghost on the inside.
Leaves and green wire are from my stash.
Entering this one in:
(use black, orange, yellow and green)
I took these pictures on my deck which is totally covered with leaves right now. We live in a woods and because its so windy today it is just raining leaves!
Here's a picture of my "back yard":

I hope you are all having a lovely day, wherever you are and whatever season it is for you! God bless!

10 comments:

Catherine said...

That is just so cute with the little mouse poking over the top...

Karen said...

Love it Sandie!! : )

cathylynn said...

Soo cute!! And what a pretty view in your back yard!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandie :-) how clever of you to use Maxwell peeking from inside a pumpkin !! I love this ,, very cute and totally amazing ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Vivi Casale said...

really cute card Sandie!!
love it!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh yes!! So glad you could share with us again!! :) We love seeing everyone's mousie creations!! And this one is sooo very clever!! Brilliant idea and totally adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along with us AGAIN at House Mouse & Friends! I hope you will join us again! SMILES - Vicki HM&F designer

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow what a very clever idea, luv the card, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, sue,x

Mrs.B said...

Two fabulous cards, and both very original.
Love Mudpie on your pumpkin. This one just peeking out is brilliant.
Thanks for joining HM&F Monday challenge.
Avril - Guest Designer.

Christine said...

Clever creation what a fun take on the Halloween chall theme.

thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends chall this time..

smiles Christine x

Sue from Oregon said...

I must say this is one of the most creative uses of a little meece I have seen! This is just so so cute! Did you use a cutting machine for the pumpkin face? Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment