Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Mousey Halloween Card

 Yesterday evening I finished my first little Halloween card. I don't usually make them because we don't really celebrate Halloween much. But I like the colors associated with it and especially the colors called for in the flollowing challenges that I am entering this in:
http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/ - "Halloween Color" #106,
(use black, orange, yellow and green)
http://houseofgilli.blogspot.com/  #18 "Purple, Orange, Green, Black & White (pick 3)"
Items used:
House Mouse stamp "Contented Mudpie"* &
  hand-drawn pumpkin, both colored with colored pencils
"Happy Halloween" sentiment is computer generated
Silk leaf, wire curly-Q's, black ribbon and netting - all from my stash
The green Halloween cardstock is Imaginisce
(the rest of the cardstock are brands I forgot to make note of)
The "BOO" sentiment is from the "Holidays" set* from StampingScrapping
Inks: orange is Stampabilities die ink, black is StazOn solvent ink
Adhesives: Glue Dots*, ScorTape*, ProGlider- high tac*
Rhinestones are from Target, I think!
AND... I used LOTS of "Icicle" Stickles*!

Items with a * are available @ http://www.stampingscrapping.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you have a minute, please leave a comment...just "Hello" is fine! I'm trying to find out if I have my settings for my blog set wrong. Is it difficult to leave comments here? I do have that trouble with a few other peoples' blogs and hope I am not causing frustration for others! Let me know if there is a problem! THANK YOU!
(my email: fivensandie@aol.com)

10 comments:

America said...

Hi Sandie! Oh this is very CUTE, so creative and super fun. Love all the sparkle, coloring and giant pumpkin. :) Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you playing again next time. :)

Colorado Crafter said...

You did a fantastic job of putting little Mudpie on your hand drawn pumpkin! Sure looks like it's all one stamped image to me. Super Halloween card!!!

Sue said...

WOW, Sandie, love what you did with one little mouse! Great Pumpkin, and the black ribbon and net is perfect! Great design. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done. Very creative.

Hugs
Sue

Sheri said...

Sandie! You smarty pants!! I love your very own pumpkin with Mudpie on it!! Too, too cute and you are so right, these colors are gorgeous!

cathylynn said...

Oh Sandie your card is absolutely adorable! Great colors and gorgeous details!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandie ! WOW !! the pumpkin is fabulous and the bats too ! very creative and stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

p.s, you could enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge too :-) xx

Ann said...

Awww, what an adorable scene you've created! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Vivi Casale said...

totally cute!!! made me smile!! Thank you for have joined us on House of Gilli and Stamping Scrapping!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Sandie!! This is just amazing!! LOVE the added sparkly leaf and the coloring is gorgeous too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends! I hope you will join us again! HUGS - Vicki HM&F designer

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...for not making Halloween cards you made an awesome one...with a handdrawn punkin' at that! Amazing layout as well...thanks so much for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment