Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Card & Treat Bag

You know those GEO Dies I was ooohing and aaahing about? Well I did use some on one more Halloween card and then made a treat bag to sort of match. The large die cut is GEO Die #8 and small is GEO Mini #3. I attached the big one to the card with PopDots , then the mini to that one with PopDots and the added the little cute ghost with PopDots. I like to be able to see through the lacey designs.
Below is a side-ish view to show the "popped" effect. I used a double layer of PopDots between the 2 GEO Dies diecuts. Some how I think they seem to have an illusion of spinning, maybe because these remind me of a pinwheel.
Here is my list of ingredients: (everything with a * can be found at http://www.stampingscrapping.com/ )
PopDots*
ScorTape*
Glue Dots*
Geo Dies*- Lg. #8 & Mini #3
Cardstock is Best Creation 6x6 Glitter pad called "Happy Haunting"* (all of those patterns!)
Circle stamp is JustRite*, colored with colored pencils
"Happy Halloween" stamp is from StampingScrapping Designs, the "Holiday" set*
Ribbon & Buttons are from my stash

Now a few pix of the treat bag I made. I have 5 grandkids so I think I'm going to need to kick it in gear and quick make 4 more! The bag topper is a Sizzix die cut. The die plate is called "Treat Bag Toppers"*. So easy! It has the cute scalloped edge and 2 little holes near the top for ribbon or string. I stapled it on the bag and then added the decorations. The die plate has 3 sizes of toppers, small, medium amd large (I used large) as well as hearts, ovals and a fancy label. The toppers punch out as a square and have a line to show where to fold them in half. The other toppers are different shapes...even cuter!
My other ingredients (besides the candy!):
Vintage Black Twine*
Witches hat, face & feet, from the "Best Witches" set from StampingScrapping*
(and the "treat" sentiment)
"Spooky" sentiment is from the "Holidays" set, also from SS


3 comments:

StampingScrapping.com said...

oh my goodness SO SPOOKY AND CUTE...
Great Job Sandie

Sharon Huffman said...

Sandie your grands are very lucky to have you for a grandma! This bag is adorable and oh, that card is excellent!

cathylynn said...

WOW this is SPOOKTACULAR!!!!! So many scrumptious details! Also your treat bags are GREAT! Love all those colors.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn